Interesting links related to large-scale web architectures.
1. Thinking Scalability Is Just About Technology;
2. Overuse of Synchronous Calls;
3. Failure to Weed or Seed Soon Enough;
4. Inappropriate Use of Databases;
5. Cesspools Instead of Swim Lanes;
6. Reliance on Vertical Scale;
7. Failure to Learn from History;
8. Changing Development Methodologies to Fix Problems;
9. Too Little Caching, Too Late;
10. Overreliance on Third Parties to Scale.
Nice introduction about the CAP (Consistency, Availability, Partition) theorem.